Best Time Management Tips
Time management is a core skill around which everything else revolves.
You should aim to increase the quantity and quality of your results by mastering your valuable time.
Success in every area is a fruit of the foundations of good work habits, focus, and concentration.
The purpose of time management is to allow you to spend more time with the people you love doing more of the things you enjoy.
Remind yourself daily of what’s important.
“Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” – Abraham Lincoln
Enjoy this selection of the best time management tips to keep you inspired.
- We kick off the first of the 17 time management tips by asking a question.
Are you a multi-tasking aficionado?
If you answered with a yes, try to do one thing at a time.
It’s amazing how much you can accomplish when your attention isn’t divided.
Staying focused on one thing until it’s complete is a very effective strategy.
- Instead of making a to-do list, try making a today list only.
This helps you to focus on the top priorities.
- Instead of trying to cram everything into one day, try chunking your time.
Time-chunking works way better than having no plan at all.
- If you don’t get everything on your to-do list finished, start a new list for tomorrow.
Put the remaining items in order of importance on this new list.
Watch how this one little shift will make a difference.
- If you’re a creative, time management can be a challenge.
Practice time management skills daily, to create a new habit.
- If you procrastinate, ask yourself what you’re afraid of.
You made be afraid of not being perfect.
Once you deal with and fix an underlying issue, you’ll be less likely to put things off until later.
- On your calendar, include all appointments, meetings, tasks, etc.
Assign each item a start time and end time.
Limiting the time for each item helps you to stay on schedule.
- Create a plan for your day, week, and month.
When you have an extended plan, even if it’s tentative, it allows you to make the most of your available time and balance your responsibilities throughout the month.
- Get yourself an accountability partner to hold you accountable for your timeliness.
You’ll quickly be managing time more effectively.
- Reward yourself when you arrive on time or meet a deadline.
Rewarding yourself reinforces the positive behavior, so you try to do it more often.
- Ask yourself, if you’re putting too much effort into one area and not enough on another.
Being conscious of the possibility and tracking what you do will help you discover the answer, especially when you test out your suspicions.
- Remember your childhood.
You didn’t have much say-so about what you did or how you did it.
You do now.
Weigh your options and the consequences of each one, carefully to make the most of your limited time.
- Take a break.
You don’t have to sit with something endlessly to get it done.
Take 5-minute breaks every hour and reset your energy clock.
- What can you do to maximize your time?
Figure out what takes up too much of your day.
Create a plan containing several options that enable you to complete the task in less time.
- Promise yourself you won’t start another project until you finish the ones you already have.
Make a priority list and complete each one in that order.
- Use your commute to your advantage.
Meditate, listen to an uplifting audio, add lists or memos to your cell, read emails, and more.
When you make the most of the time you have, you’ll have more leisure time to enjoy.
- Put a timer on activities, which tend to steal your time.
It’s okay to take a break, but it’s not good to get lost in time.
I hope you have enjoyed this article about “17 Best Time Management Tips To keep You Inspired“.
Feel free to share and discuss it via the Social Media.
Remember: Sharing Is Caring 😉
You can find the links below.
Latest posts by Raymond (see all)
- How to Create A Perfect Pitch! - May 21, 2017
- 5 Health Benefits Of Yerba Mate Tea - May 18, 2017
- 22 Easy Money Management Tips You Can Implement Today - May 13, 2017