Tips and Exercises To Improve Your Memory
The human brain is without any doubt a fascinating organ.
Your brain is the hub of your nervous system.
It is made up of 100 billion nerve cells.
Each nerve cell is connected to approximately 10,000 others.
The total number of connections in your brain is forms an astronomically large number – about 1000 trillion.
Every brain changes with age!
It’s mental function changes along with it.
Unfortunately, mental decline is common, and it’s one of the most feared consequences of aging.
Luckily this cognitive impairment is not inevitable.
It is good to put your brain to a test every once in a while.
Here are some simple tips and exercises to improve your memory and keep your brain young.
- Playing memory-improving “brain games” will to keep your mind feeling fit.
- Listen to more instrumentals.
Instrumental music has a positive impact on memory, focus, and attention.
- Want to improve your memory?
You cannot remember what your brain failed to process.
- Activities such as photography, painting, knitting, woodworking, and drawing are great brain exercises.
- To improve memory, eat brain-enhancing foods such as avocado, fresh berries, cold-water fish, fermented foods and those high in omega-3 and vitamins C, K, E and B.
- Get creative.
Write a fiction story, a song, or a poem.
Use pen and paper instead of electronics to give your brain an extra boost of memory-staying power.
- Exercise improves blood flow and stimulates nerve cells, ensuring your memory stays robust and healthy.
- Learn a new skill.
Continued learning ensures your neural connections stay active and strong.
Never stop learning.
- To keep your mind sharp, give it time to “rest” and process the day’s events.
Try to get at least 7 hours of sleep a night.Click To Tweet
- Maintain your memory through hydration.
Studies suggest as little as 2% dehydration can affect your memory, attention and other cognitive skills.
- Read more.
Keeping yourself engaged intellectually is a great memory booster and keeps you up to date on the latest.
- Science suggests it takes 8 seconds to move facts from short-term memory to long-term memory.
When trying to remember important details, focus on them for a minimum of 8 seconds.
- Consider learning your favorite song in a different language.
You already know the native words and tune.
Your brain will work to help you “translate” it.
When you combine these two memory boosters, it’s more fun and beneficial.
- Learn to speak a new language.
Even knowing a few words and phrases of a non-native language is enough to improve your memory.
- Play board games that require moving a game piece and counting the spaces.
This helps to strengthen short-term memory.
- Play concentration.
Using regular cards (or fun cards for kids) play a few rounds of concentration.
Look at each “face-up” card for 8-10 seconds.
Play as usual.
This helps you strengthen your memory skills using familiar images.
- Play “Connect Four” or similar strategy-based games.
When you survey the playing board carefully and count, it strengthens logic and memory skills.
This concludes our list of exercises and tips to improve your memory
I hope you have enjoyed this article about “17 Easy Tips and Exercises To Improve Your Memory Now“.
Feel free to share and discuss it via the Social Media.
Remember: Sharing Is Caring 😉
You can find the links below.
Latest posts by Raymond (see all)
- How to Create A Perfect Pitch! - May 21, 2017
- 5 Health Benefits Of Yerba Mate Tea - May 18, 2017
- 22 Easy Money Management Tips You Can Implement Today - May 13, 2017