Add a smile to your day with these positive thinking tips.
These 17 positive thinking tips can be an excellent start to make those positive improvements happen
Did you know that countless people find it hard to make improvements to their life?
Making improvements to our lives means more than just eating the right foods or exercising occasionally.
You probably know that positive thinking can help you to excel in all the other areas of your life.
So what are you waiting for?
“The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
Enjoy these helpful, positive thinking tips to become a better, more well-rounded person.
- When you surround yourself with positive people, you have little room for negative thoughts.
- How you choose to start the morning sets the tone for the entire day.
Start each day with a positive goal or compliment yourself on something specific.
- Pay attention to your thoughts; if you are thinking negative thoughts, you’re more likely to have adverse experiences.
- Spend time doing activities that are uplifting.
Sing, dance, and enjoy the life you currently have.
- Even during the most trying times, you can always find a little humor.
- Take note of what you read as words have a direct impact on how you feel.
The same applies to the words you speak.
They can be powerful allies or destructive enemies.
- Tune into a different station.
Be it music or TV, find an uplifting station and your mood will instantly improve.
- Stuff happens.
You have the choice to dwell on the negative or turn it into a positive lesson.
- Set goals for yourself.
Celebrate when you meet one.
No goal is too small to celebrate.
No success is too small to encourage you.
- Smile often.
It releases endorphins and serotonin that make you feel better.
- If you dread getting up in the morning, change your thought pattern and expectations.
Expect and watch for something wonderful to happen.
- Take responsibility for your life.
You’re not a victim.
Stop making excuses.
Having a better life starts with your decision to create it.
- Thinking positive thoughts can be very helpful and uplifting.
However, if you couple your positive thinking with unrealistic, unobtainable, expectations.
You will be disappointed with the outcome.
Keep your expectations realistic.
- Negative thought patterns can wreak havoc in your life.
Interrupt the thoughts by breathing deeply or stretching when you catch them entering your mind.
I have found a good walk can be soothing too.
- Research suggests thinking too positively about your success may decrease your motivation to work towards achieving your goal.
Obviously, going overboard, even with positive thinking, can backfire.
- Develop your positive, growth mindset with one word – Yet.
This small, encouraging, word is very powerful.
If you don’t accomplish a goal when you want to, that doesn’t mean you failed.
You just haven’t succeeded…yet.
- When you envision your future success, make sure it’s not a fantasized version.
One study found that the most positive fantasies about the future predicted poor achievement.
Don’t confuse your fantasies with reality.
With these tips. Give it a try: Positive Thinking