Boost Your Emotional Health
You may not feel you are up to it today.
You might even feel downhearted, like most all of us do, at one time or another.
Sometimes you feel disconnected. Sometimes,….
Here are 12 Tips To Boost Your Emotional Health and help you out your temporary dip!
- If you feel emotionally disconnected, take some time to reconnect with supportive friends and family.
Talking with these people is a surefire way to regain that sense of connection. Make it a habit to contact them more often.
- Manage your emotions with memories.
Create positive memories with people you care about.
When your emotions are out of control, pull out a memory to help you regain emotional balance and put things in perspective.
- The best cure for “poor me” is to volunteer.
When you concentrate on the needs of others or doing a good deed, your focus shifts away from yourself.
- If you feel you’re in a slump, add something new into the mix.
Choose something that motivates, inspires, excites, educates, fascinates, or interests you. It can be anything from getting a new book to learning how to weld.
- If you feel bad about something in your life, it could be time to teach someone something new.
Whether it’s as a tutor or a sports coach, teaching someone else something takes your mind off your troubles.
- Join a group if you’re feeling out of sorts emotionally.
Whether it’s a support group or a book group, this can lift your emotional health.
- Everyone gets stressed and worries.
Learning to let go of the things you have no control over, is the best way to manage stress and all the emotions that go along with it.
If you can’t fix something, boot the thoughts out of your mind.
- Control your emotions/feelings.
Smile, even if you don’t want to.
Meditate to refocus.
Wait 90 seconds for the feeling to dissipate.
Do something you love.
All of these help you control your feelings.
Practice, practice, practice.
- Use good memories to change your mood.
Pair a good memory with a tangible object — a vacation and seashells or flowers.
To get on track, bring out one of the objects for a few days.
Use your senses to remember and re-focus.
- Emotional eating can wreak havoc on your mind and body.
Use other ways to get that “feel-good” boost.
If you feel angry or hurt, walk, run or act out “throwing” the feeling out of your system.
Moving quickly gives you the boost.
- Playing with your pets provides fun and laughter.
It also reminds you that you are loved, unconditionally, and that you are wanted and needed.
Spend more time with your pet, especially when you’re going through a rough spot.
- Create an emo pack filled with healthy snacks and other items that help you to manage your emotions.
This is especially helpful if you put it in the car for an unforeseen issue or you just need an extra boost.
You may also enjoy:
- How To Become A Superstar Communicator
- There Is Help When You Are Dealing With Depression
- 12 Wonderful Tips To Be An Optimist All The Time. So Stay Optimistic!
- How To Brew The Best Pot Of Coffee!
- 8 Reasons Why Walking Is Good For Your Health
Please feel free to share “12 Tips To Boost Your Emotional Health” with your friends on social media. 🙂