Health Improvement Tips
- Being healthy includes each of the parts that make you unique – your body, mind, emotions, and spirit.
Each part contributes to your overall health so make sure you do something to strengthen each part, daily.
- A good night’s sleep is as vital as a healthy diet to your health.
Take steps to ensure you get a good night’s rest.
- Drinking plenty of water is essential to having a clear mind.
We are made up mostly of water. It makes sense to replenish what we use. Staying hydrated helps you to feel your best.
- Even with the healthiest diet, it’s important to take supplements.
Supplements pick up where your diet leaves off.
This ensures you get all of your daily requirements.
- Plenty of sunshine is vital for optimal health.
If you can’t get enough sunshine, have your vitamin D checked.
If you’re lacking, you might need to supplement.
- When beginning an exercise program, include a plan for indoor exercising.
DVD exercise programs are a great way to vary the type of exercise you do.
Get a good DVD for each type of exercise – aerobic, strength, balance, and flexibility. More Health Improvement Tips below the picture.
- Exercise at least three times per week for 30 minutes each time.
Even if you have to go to bed a little later or rise a few minutes earlier, it’s essential to your overall health.
- Eat your broccoli. If you’ve heard your parents tell you to eat your broccoli, they must love you a lot.
Broccoli is chock full of nutrients but also have cancer-fighting properties.
- Hate to exercise?
Commit to exercising every day for 15-minutes or more, without fail.
Vary the type of exercise, the location, and/or the time you start to keep you motivated and moving.
Make exercising an easy habit to form.
- Make the rounds and circulate.
Sitting or standing in the same spot for a long period isn’t good for your circulation.
Make it a point to get up and walk around for a quick energy boost and to help your circulation.
Move it or lose it.
- The later in the day it gets, the less you should eat.
Eat a big breakfast, a medium lunch, and a small, light dinner.
Avoid after dinner snacks or eating before bed.
- Satisfy your hunger with flavorful foods.
Some diets and dishes consist of bland foods and ingredients.
This can lead to eating more as you try to satisfy your hunger.
Add flavorful spices without adding calories.
- If you prefer flavorful meat while on a diet, consider adding mustard, salsa, Worcestershire sauce, flavored vinegar, teriyaki sauce, or hot sauce.
These add flavor without adding calories.
Make sure they are allowed on your diet.
- Before you pay for your meds at the pharmacy, open the bag.
Make sure it’s yours and everything is correct.
Mistakes are easily made and you don’t want to take the wrong medicine or dose.
Doing so could be fatal.
But that’s not the worst part.
You can end up developing or suffering from problems before your time.
Think young, act young (within reason) and feel young.
- Watch your mouth!
Gum disease and heart disease go hand in hand.
Up to 91% of patients have both diseases.
Some believe there is a direct connection between the two.
Make dental care a top priority to maintain physical health.
- When fitness is a priority, take what your scales say with a grain of salt.
Regular bathroom scales only measure total weight.
They don’t measure overall fitness or body fat.
Talk with your doctor about BMI (body mass index.)
- Fidget more for better health.
Studies show fidgeting increases blood flow and circulation while sitting.
Tap your toes, twitch your foot, bounce your leg, and fidget more.
Walking is better but fidgeting is good for your health.
You may also enjoy:
12 Wonderful Tips To Be An Optimist All The Time. So Stay Optimistic!
8 Reasons Why Walking Is Good For Your Health
How To Feel Happier Instantly! Add A Smile To Your Day..
12 Self Love Principles You Can’t Do Without! Practice Them Today.
How To Live A Long Healthy Happy Life: Health And Wellness
If you enjoyed these 18 Easy Health Improvement Tips please share them with your friends.